- Supports healthy cardiovascular system function
- Promotes energy levels
- Supports muscle strength
- Helps support healthy blood sugar
- A chromium based formula providing important nutrients and more which may have been lost due to changes in diet and exercise habits
- This vegan product contains no added wheat, soy, yeast, gluten, artificial flavour, salt, preservatives or milk
- Offered with the fastest and most efficient delivery system of all supplements - Isotonix
Gluten-Free - The finished product contains no detectable gluten (<10ppm gluten)
Vegan - This product is vegan
Isotonic-Capable Drinkable Supplements - Easy-to-swallow supplements in liquid form are immediately available to the body for absorption
Quality Standards - GMP Operations and Standardised Ingredients
Checked For: Heavy Metals, Microbiological Contaminants, Allergens, Potency, Purity and Identity
Isotonix Isochrome sets itself apart by being the most complete chromium supplement available with a combination of essential compounds that include vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, and Co-enzyme Q10 that provide nutrients that can help support healthy blood sugar and energy levels, which will ultimately help improve the success of most weight-management programs. Incorporating chromium picolinate ensures that the benefits of chromium—cardiovascular health, promotion of muscular strength. This combined with other compounds such as B-vitamins, Coenzyme Q10 and L-Carnitine, each of which work to support Isochrome’s unique benefits for energy. Finally, Isotonix Isochrome provides this powerful nutrient blend in its most bioavailable form with patented isotonic delivery, ensuring maximum absorption and results.
Why Choose Isotonix Isochrome!
Isotonix Isochrome is a distinctive combination of essential compounds that include vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and Co-enzyme Q10. These compounds, including a powerful dose of chromium, provide nutrients that can help to support healthy blood sugar, support cardiovascular health, promote energy, and promote muscle strength, which will ultimately improve the success of most weight-management programs. The key ingredients included in Isochrome are considered to be significant in the body’s production of energy and the remaining nutrients aid in optimising the overall effectiveness of the formula.
Proper blood sugar maintenance can dramatically impact your health. From your cardiovascular system to your muscles, maintaining healthy levels of blood sugars can help you support long-term health. While a proper diet and exercise is a great start, sometimes our bodies need more for healthy blood sugar support.
Isotonix Delivery System
For dieters, it is important for chromium picolinate to retain muscle because up to 30 percent of weight lost on most diets is muscle tissue. When muscle tissue is lost, it reduces the metabolic rate, which can promote weight rebound, known as the “yo-yo” diet-syndrome. Chromium picolinate helps to keep muscle and maintain or increase the metabolic rate.
A review of the literature suggests that chromium picolinate may reduce the risk of insulin resistance, and therefore possibly may reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. Providing two unique forms of chromium into our formula - including chromium picolinate - enables Isotonix Isochrome to help provide healthy blood sugar support and help maintain healthy levels of blood sugars.
Co-enzyme Q10 (Ubidecarenone)
Coenzyme Q10 belongs to a family of substances called ubiquinones and is a water-insoluble, wax-like substance that is part of the respiratory chain. It is synthesised in the cells, and is involved in electron transport and energy production in mitochondria where about 95 percent of the total energy required by the human body is generated. In the cellular system, it functions to generate energy from oxygen, in the form of ATP, for bodily processes. CoQ10 also exhibits activity as a free radical scavenger and an antioxidant. The antioxidant activity in the mitochondria and cell membranes protects against peroxidation of lipid membranes.
Coenzyme Q10 can be found in spinach, broccoli, nuts, meats and fish. In the body, it is found in the highest concentration in the cells of the heart, liver, kidney, spleen and pancreas, which all require vast amounts of energy. Supplementation of CoQ10 might be beneficial mostly to adults, because the levels of it in the body tend to peak around the age of 20, and then decline with age. The affects of supplementation with CoQ10 have shown to be especially beneficial to patients with heart failure and patients on cholesterol-lowering medications.
L-carnitine is an amino acid that is found in nearly all cells of the body. It supports fat metabolism in the heart, organs and tissue. L-carnitine occurs naturally in animal products. Normally, only very small amounts of L-carnitine are found in plants, with a few exceptions, such as avocado and some fermented soy products. It also plays an essential role in the transportion of long chain fatty acids into the mitochondria of the cell, which results in additional energy in the form of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). L-carnitine is synthesised in the human body, mainly in the liver and kidneys, from the essential amino acids L-lysine and L-methionine.
Living a full and active life requires energy, but muscle fatigue and weakness can run you down. L-carnitine aids in combating fatigue and promoting energy and stamina, which is most useful for dieters, seniors, vegetarians, athletes and individuals that are suffering from chronic fatigue and muscle weakness. It helps preserve lean muscle mass, and is a cofactor in the utilisation and absorption of chromium into the body.
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
Vitamin B2 is found in liver, dairy products, dark green vegetables and some types of seafood. Vitamin B2 serves as a coenzyme, working with other B vitamins. Vitamin B2 plays a crucial role in turning food into energy as a part of the electron transport chain, driving cellular energy on the micro-level. Vitamin B2 is water-soluble and cannot be stored by the body except in insignificant amounts. It must be replenished daily.
Riboflavin contributes to the normal metabolism of iron in the body, the maintenance of normal red blood cells and the normal function of the nervous system. It contributes to the maintenance of normal skin and mucous membranes, normal vision and contributes to the protection of cell constituents from oxidative damage. Riboflavin contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, and contributes to normal energy metabolism.
Pyridoxine HCL (Vitamin B6)
Poultry, fish, whole grains and bananas are the main dietary sources of vitamin B6. B6 is a co-factor required for protein and amino acid metabolism, and helps maintain proper fluid balance. It also assists in the maintenance of healthy red and white blood cells, which keeps our body healthy. Vitamin B6 is required for hemoglobin synthesis (hemoglobin is the protein portion of red blood cells which carries oxygen throughout the body). Because vitamin B6 is involved in the synthesis of neurotransmitters in the brain and nerve cells, it has been recommended as a nutrient to enhance mental function, specifically mood. Athletic supplements often include vitamin B6 because it promotes the conversion of glycogen to glucose for energy in muscle tissue. Vitamin B6, when taken with folic acid, has been shown to help maintain normal plasma levels of homocysteine, which promotes optimal cardiovascular health.
How does Isotonix Isochrome help with blood sugar?
Isochrome helps supports healthy blood sugar functions (or healthy glucose metabolism) by controlling cravings for sweets and supporting normal glucose metabolism with the help of chromium. Chromium is involved in normal transport of glucose from bloodstream into cells which is essentially the normal metabolism of sugars.
Why is fructose in Isotonix products?
Fructose is the sweetest of all naturally-occurring sugars. It helps to make Isotonix Isochrome pleasant-tasting with fewer calories. Consuming fructose does not produce the extreme “highs” and “lows” in blood sugar levels like ordinary table sugar might.
What is the best time of day to take Isotonix supplements?
Any time of the day is fine to take Isotonix supplements, so long as the stomach is empty. The stomach must be empty to take advantage of the isotonic state and the principles of absorption and gastric emptying.
Is chromium picolinate safe?
Yes. Over 35 clinical trials have been conducted to analyse chromium picolinate and its effects. Studies have shown that 400 mcg per day is a good base level for most adults. If you are more active you may need more. If you are less active or over the age of 65, 200 mcg per day is recommended.
Why is Isotonix Isochrome ideal for the TLS Weight Management Program?
Isotonix Isochrome is a unique formula of compounds including vitamins, minerals, amino acids, Co-enzyme Q10 and enzymes. Isochrome helps to enhance the body’s energy production, cardiovascular health and muscle health which all are ideal in a fitness or weight management, all important for everyday life. This is why this supplement is ideal as part of the TLS Weight Management Solution.
This is why we have Isotonix Isochrome as a key component to our TLS Fat Shredder program. Isochrome has chromium picolinate in its formulation, ensuring that the benefits of chromium - blood sugar and cardiovascular health maintenance, promotion of muscular strength - are provided. These are then combined with other compounds such as B vitamins, Coenzyme Q10 and L-Carnitine, each of which work to support Isochrome's unique benefits for energy and weight management.
Can you get L-carnitine from any food sources?
Yes, L-carnitine can be found in meats, vegetables and grains. It typically comes in higher concentrations in red meats such as beef or lamb, and in lower concentrations in white meats and vegetables. Since vegetables are low in carnitine, it is good to supplement your diet with L-carnitine.
What are the other ingredients in Isochrome useful for?
Isochrome also includes boron, potassium, and vitamins B2 and B6. There are indications that boron enhances the effect of vitamins that are deficient in the body. Potassium is a mineral that maintains fluid balance in the body, stimulates nerve transmission, muscle relaxation, promotes glycogen and protein synthesis and promotes proper heartbeat. Vitamin B2 promotes glycogen synthesis, supports energy production, and helps breakdown fats while functioning as a cofactor in activating vitamin B6 and folic acid. Vitamin B6 helps to promote protein metabolism, breaks down glycogen, converts linoleic to arachidonic acid and aids in the synthesis of brain chemicals, niacin, antibodies, red blood cells, DNA and elastin.
- Anderson RA. Effects of chromium on body composition and weight loss. Nutr Rev. 1998; 56:266-270.
- Gokel, H., et al. The effects of coenzyme Q10 supplementation on performance during repeated bouts of supramaximal exercise in sedentary men. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2010.
- Health Canada. NHPD Monograph – Coenzyme Q10. 2007:
- Baggio E, Gandini R, Plancher AC, Passeri M, Carmosino G. Italian multicenter study on the safety and efficacy of coenzyme Q10 as adjunctive therapy in heart failure. CoQ10 Drug Surveillance Investigators. Molecular Aspects of Medicine 1994;15(Supplement 1):S287-S294.
- Bonakdar RA, Guarneri E. Coenzyme Q10. American Family Physician 2005;72(6):1065-1070.
- Chello M, Mastroroberto P, Romano R, Bevacqua E, Pantaleo D, Ascione R, Marchese AR, Spampinato N. Protection by Coenzyme Q10 from myocardial reperfusion injury during coronary artery bypass grafting. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 1994;58(5):1427-1432.
- Crane FL. Biochemical functions of coenzyme Q10. Journal of the American College of Nutrition 2001;20(6):591-598.
- Engelsen J, Nielsen JD, Hansen KF. [Effect of coenzyme Q10 and Ginkgo biloba on warfarin dosage in patients on long-term warfarin treatment. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled cross-over trial]. Ugeskr Laeger 2003;165(18):1868-1871 (in Danish).
- EP 2005: European Pharmacopoeia. Strasbourg Cedex (France): Directorate for the Quality of Medicines of the Council of Europe (EDQM); 2005.
- Hershey AD, Powers SW, Vockell AL, Lecates SL, Ellinor PL, Segers A, Burdine D, Manning P, Kabbouche MA. Coenzyme Q10 deficiency and response to supplementation in pediatric and adolescent migraine. Headache 2007;47(1):73-80.
- Kalpravidh RW, Wichit A, Siritanaratkul N, Fucharoen S. Effect of coenzyme Q10 as an antioxidant in beta-thalassemia/Hb E patients. BioFactors 2005;25(1-4):225-234.
- Kawamukai M. Biosynthesis, bioproduction and novel roles of ubiquinone. Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering 2002;94(6):511-517.
- Landbo C, Almdal TP. [Interaction between warfarin and coenzyme Q10]. Ugeskr Laeger 1998;160(22):3226-3227 (in Danish).
- Langsjoen PH, Folkers K, Lyson K, Muratsu K, Lyson T, Langsjoen P. Effective and safe therapy with coenzyme Q10 for cardiomyopathy. Klinische Wochenschrift 1988;66(13):583-590.
- Langsjoen PH. Introduction to coenzyme Q10. Online in: A Physician's Update on Coenzyme Q10 in U.S. Medicine. University of Washington faculty webpage of John T.A. Ely, Ph.D. Tyler (TX); 1994. [Accessed 2007-10-23]. Available from: http://faculty.washington.edu/ely/coenzq10.html.
- Lipshutz BH, Lower A, Berl V, Schein K, Wetterich F. An improved synthesis of the "miracle nutrient" coenzyme Q10. Organic Letters 2005;7(19):4095-4097.
- Lipshutz BH, Mollard P, Pfeiffer SS, Chrisman W. A short, highly efficient synthesis of coenzyme Q10. Journal of the American Chemical Society 2002;124(48):14282-14283.
- O'Neil MJ, Smith A, Heckelman PE, Budavari S, editors. The Merck Index: An Encyclopedia of Chemicals, Drugs, and Biologicals, 13th edition. Whitehouse Station (NJ): Merck & Co., Inc.; 2001.
- Park YC, Kim SJ, Choi JH, Lee WH, Park KM, Kawamukai M, Ryu YW, Seo JH. Batch and fed-batch production of coenzyme Q10 in recombinant Escherichia coli containing the decaprenyl diphosphate synthase gene from Gluconobacter suboxydans. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 2005;67(2):192-196.
- Rosenfeldt F, Marasco S, Lyon W, Wowk M, Sheeran F, Bailey M, Esmore D, Davis B, Pick A, Rabinov M, Smith J, Nagley P, Pepe S. Coenzyme Q10 therapy before cardiac surgery improves mitochondrial function and in vitro contractility of myocardial tissue. Journal of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery 2005;129(1):25-32.
- Rosenfeldt FL, Haas SJ, Krum H, Hadj A, Ng K, Leong JY, Watts GF. Coenzyme Q10 in the treatment of hypertension: a meta-analysis of the clinical trials. Journal of Human Hypertension 2007;21(4):297-306.
- Rozen TD, Oshinsky ML, Gebeline CA, Bradley KC, Young WB, Shechter AL, Silberstein SD. Open label trial of coenzyme Q10 as a migraine preventative. Cephalgia 2002;22(2):137-141.
- Sandor PS, Di Clemente L, Coppola G, Saenger U, Fumal A, Magis D, Seidel L, Agosti RM, Schoenen J. Efficacy of coenzyme Q10 in migraine prophylaxis: a randomized controlled trial. Neurology 2005;64(4):713-715.
- Singh RB, Niaz MA, Rastogi SS, Shukla PK, Thakur AS. Effect of hydrosoluble coenzyme Q10 on blood pressures and insulin resistance in hypertensive patients with coronary artery disease. Journal of Human Hypertension 1999;13(3):203-208.
- Spigset O. Reduced effect of warfarin caused by ubidecarenone. Lancet 1994;344(8933):1372-1373.
- Storch A, Jost WH, Vieregge P, Spiegel J, Greulich W, Durner J, Müller T, Kupsch A, Henningsen H, Oertel WH, Fuchs G, Kuhn W, Niklowitz P, Koch R, Herting B, Reichmann H, German Coenzyme Q10 Study Group. Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial on symptomatic effects of coenzyme Q10 in Parkinson disease. Archives of Neurology 2007;64(7):938-944.
- Sweetman SC , editor. Martindale: The Complete Drug Reference, 35th edition. London (UK): Pharmaceutical Press; 2007.
- Szkopinska A. Review: Ubiquinone. Biosynthesis of quinone ring and its isoprenoid side chain. Intracellular localization. Acta Biochimica Polonica 2000;47(2):469-480.
- Tanaka J, Tominaga R, Yoshitoshi M, Matsui K, Komori M, Sese A, Yasui H, Tokunaga K. Coenzyme Q10: the prophylactic effect on low cardiac output following cardiac valve replacement. Annals of of Thoracic Surgery 1982;33(2):145-151.
- The United States Pharmacopeia and the National Formulary (USP 31/NF 26). 2008. Rockville (MD): United States Pharmacopeial Convention, Inc.
- USP 30: United States Pharmacopeia and the National Formulary (USP 30 - NF 25). Rockville (MD): United States Pharmacopeial Convention, Inc.; 2007.
- Yoshida H, Kotani Y, Ochiai K, Araki K. Production of ubiquinone-10 using bacteria. Journal of General and Applied Microbiology 1998;44(1):19-26.
- Zhao J, Wang C, Sun X. [Determination of solanesol in the extracts of tobacco leaves by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)]. Chinese Journal of Chromatography 1997;15(6):544-545 (in Chinese).
- Kaats, G. R., et al. A randomized, double-masked, placebo-controlled study of the effects of chromium picolinate supplementation on body composition: a replication and extension of a previous study. Current Therapeutic Research. 1998.
- Langsjoen P, et al. Pronounced increase of survival of patients with cardiomyopathy when treated with coenzyme Q10 and conventional therapy. International Journal of Tissue Reaction. 1990.
- Linnane, A., et al. Cellular Redox Activity of Coenzyme Q 10 : Effect of CoQ 10 Supplementation on Human Skeletal Muscle. Free Radical Research. 2002.
- Preuss, H. G., et al. Chromium update: examining recent literature 1997-1998. Current Opinion in Nutrition and Metabolic Care. 1998.
- Singh R, et al. Effect of coenzyme Q10 on risk of atherosclerosis in patients with recent myocardial infarction. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. 2003.
- Werbach, M. Nutritional Strategies for Treating Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Alternative Medicine Review. 2000.
TLS Product Reviews
Displaying reviews 1 - 3 of 3
Bye bye sugar cravings
Love this product! My sugar cravings are few and far between since taking this :) I feel much more in control of my cravings!
Curb my craving & good for sugar level maintenance
I’ve been taking the Isotonix Isochrome for a couple of years now. It tastes great and helps me with my craving. Also great to use during TLS 21 days challenge! Love it.